Thursday, October 3, 2013

Flag Football...

Ashton decided this fall that he wanted to try out flag football and he liked it for about a minute & a half...okay not really, maybe a little longer than that, but now 3 games in he pretty much doesn't love it. Surprise, surprise. And really if I'm honest, I can't blame him. He is so my child!
Never much liked football either :)
And growing up I really didn't play many sports besides basketball when I was in middle school and I really just tried that out because my best friend played and loved it. But when it came down to it, I absolutely hated it, and would pray that the coach wouldn't put me in the game!
So as I sit on the sidelines and watch Ashton just clearly not that into it, I feel for him and totally get it. I am proud of him for wanting to try something new and he knows that he has to finish what he started, but he definitely doesn't have to sign up again!
Lucky for him he didn't get crazy sports obsessed parents that will make him play whether he likes it or not.
And I will say that even though he doesn't love it, he does go and listens to his coach and does what he's supposed to do...so hey, that's a good thing!
 The games have all been cold and/or rainy too, so that makes it not so fun either...cool rainbow though :)
 We'll see what he wants to try out next :)


No comments: