Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy 37 Lars!

 Tuesday was Lars' 37th birthday. Wow...where are the years going? Crazy that he was not quite 24 when we met. His birthday was the next week and I always remember him bring me cake on his birthday. I really am a lucky girl to be married to one of the good guys :)
He had to work all day on Tuesday, but I got up and made muffins and smoothies for breakfast. Then during the day I made cupcakes and had fun decorating :)
 Ashton was home all day, but is really at an age that he could care less about helping with any of that stuff anymore. Gunnar did have school, so that was a rare thing for Ashton and I to be home alone for a couple hours. There were no friends around to play with so he and I built playing card houses for a little while. It reminded me of old days when it was always just him and me.
Anyway when it was time to go pick up Gunnar at 3:15 Ashton started saying "So who's coming to Dad's party tonight?" Well I hadn't really invited anyone just because parent/teacher was at 5:15, then I figured we'd go to dinner and just come home and have our cupcakes because it would be getting late for a school night. But he didn't like that at all! He said "That's no fair! That's not a party if no one is coming!" "What about Grandma and Grandpa Harry & Aunt Kelli?" "I'm gonna call them and invite them." So I let him use my phone on the way to get Gunnar and he invited them. Super short notice, but they decided they would come and made it in time to meet us for a yummy dinner at the CopperMill.
Then we came home and had cupcakes and Lars opened his few presents. What he told me he really wants (and what inspired the cupcake design)...is to go to the basketball tournament in Vegas in March.
So besides that we got him a couple of Amazon.com gift cards and a drill.
Happy Birthday Daddy!

1 comment:

Susan O. said...

I'm glad Ashton wanted a party! It was yummy and fun! :)