Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Turtle Update...

Well I have lots of other posts to catch up on, but my internet isn't working on our computer, so I just got on my sister's for a minute to give a quick update on Yoshi.
Let's just say we are not meant to be pet owners! So it was Saturday night that we found him & he did stay one night in our garage, but then Sunday morning as I was getting ready for church Lars was outside with the boys and I hear him yell "We lost the turtle!" So I pretty much ignored him because I thought he was kidding. Honestly how do you lose the turtle? Well HE DID! He said they were cleaning out his temporary home and getting him some new food, so they just set him in the shade and went out back to try to find some worms and when they came back he was gone. Nowhere to be found. Hello!!! I said he was a fast turtle! So Ashton was devastated that his days of having a turtle had been cut short. He pretty much cried the whole way to church.
So then after church we get home and find out that little Yoshi was actually a neighbor's pet and guess what his real name is?
SPEEDY!
Sorry Hines family that we lost your lost turtle!
I think he's gone for good!

3 comments:

Jody said...

Well maybe you can just go visit him often.. Sorry that Ashton lost so many tears though..

fourballerinas said...

Cute pet. Funny story! Short lived pets are probably best. Glad you found his real home though, even if Ashton was sad.
Audrey

annilee said...

Oh my goodness, what a funny and sad story! The turtle is cute...who knows he may show up back on your doorstep when he gets hungry again! I always tell my famimly NO MORE PETS! Because the heartbreak when they leave us is always unbearable! Cute pictures of him though! :)