Sunday, June 8, 2014

End of school year fun...

This school year flew by so fast...hard to believe Gunnar is already done with Kindergarten and Ashton will be a 4th grader next year!!
It is so crazy to me...
Anyway I got to go on both of their end of year field trips with them and they were lots of fun. Always so grateful I have the opportunity to do these fun things. And was really glad Ashton still seemed excited to have me come along and isn't embarrassed of me quite yet.
His was an ice skating field trip...so fun!
 It had been quite awhile since I'd been on skates and none of the other moms were going to skate, but I did talk my friend Jennifer into skating with me :)
Ashton did great...he actually took lessons when he was 4, but obviously doesn't remember much from then. I saw him fall a few times, but mostly he just picked it right up.
I can't wait to take him and Gunnar back this summer hopefully.
Gunnar's field trip was to Willow Park Zoo...we've been there a lot, but it was still fun to go walk around with him and see him interact with all of his cute little friends.
(another of his crazy mismatched outfits and long socks!)
 And he of course loved getting to ride the bus!
I also helped out with Super Kids Day and was there for most of that day.
He was excited to ride his bike that last day...
They were both excited for "Meet Your Teacher" that day and Ashton found out he got Mrs. McNeil and we decided last minute to put Gunnar in the French program.  So he will have Miller and Abouo. I am still not 100% sure, but we figured we'd sign him up then pull him out if we change our minds. I do feel better about it, just lots of unknowns and I hate not knowing what is the right thing to do for him. I kind of just wish it wasn't a choice we had to make!
Anyway, fun last week of school...I loved their teachers and classes this year and really will miss them.
I love this picture...Gunnar's sweet little face and we adore Mrs. Coburn :)
But I also love the excitement of school ending and summer beginning.
 I remember it well from when I was a kid and I love how happy they are to have this break from school.
They are loving it so far!

1 comment:

horsehug said...

1204As always, I am so happy my sweet grand boys have such a wonderful mom to do all the things you do with them. I sure know the feeling though, of wondering where the years went!! :(