Thursday, July 29, 2010

The big 34...

Happy Birthday to me yesterday!
And of course my little brother Jordan who is 4 years younger than me. I wish you could have been here to celebrate with us!
I had the best day!
Here are some of the highlights...
First of all I was woken up at about 6:45 by Gunnar yelling for me, but then I heard these 3 beautiful words from Lars "I'll get him." So I actually got to sleep in. Only until about 7:15 when something upset Gunnar and he came running in and jumped in bed with me. But that was still okay because the first words out of his mouth were..."I love you so much Mommy."
Then he eventually went back out with Lars and a little while later, they all came in and brought me breakfast in bed and a cute Chipmunks card.
Lars had to work, so then it was life as usual until after lunch. Then I put Gunnar down for a nap and Aunt Kelli and Ashton got to work on my cake and said I had to leave the house for a few hours. So I went shopping kid free for about 4 hours. Heaven!
Kelli even texted me a couple times and told me I had to stay away a little longer. It was hard, but somehow I managed.
Then when I finally came home, my house was oddly quiet so Kelli and Lars told me to go downstairs and look around and I opened the door to the little room under the stairs and was surprised by my Mom, Stepdad, and my Aunt Kathleen all stuffed in there with Ashton and Gunnar yelling Surprise!
Then we all went to dinner at Olive Garden...their Five Cheese Ziti is one of my favorite things to eat (in case you haven't heard)! Then we came home and I finally got to see my cake. Isn't it great??
I loved it! And I loved how much thought and time Kelli put into it to make something she knew I would like. (You know how I love pink!!)
Thank you Kelli!
And Ashton for being such a great helper :)
(Gunnar helped for a minute before his nap) Anyway it was De-Lish!
Oh and today all of my neighbor friends took me to lunch at Bajio!
Thanks girls :)
I have the best friends and family in the world...
Thanks for a great birthday!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Jessica! Sorry I missed it! It looks (and sounds) like you had a splendid day... yay for you! Hope this whole year of being 34 goes as well as your birthday day did!

annilee said...

Happy belated Birthday from me too! What a fun day! And what a nice sister! I LOVE the cake! Hope you had a wonderful day girl!!!

Jody said...

Cake looks amazing!! So glad you had such a wonderful day! Your sister is awesome!!