Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mother's Day, 2014

Always one of my favorite days of the year...I can never say enough how much I love being a Mom as well as how grateful I am that I was raised by such a wonderful Mom, and am also so grateful for Lars' Mom and my stepmom. Sunday started with breakfast in bed and Lars also wrote up an agenda for the day :)
 A few days before Mother's Day, Gunnar was just sitting at the counter smiling to himself, so I said "What?" And he said..."I just can't wait to give you your mother's day stuff." Then he said it again so excitedly that night when I was tucking him into bed. He is so cute and I just love that he has already learned the joy in giving and I just love the sweet little thoughtful person he is.
The things he was so excited to give me :)
 I just found the one Ashton did for me when he was in kindergarten :)
 Fun to compare those :)
And these!
Gunnar's...
Ashton's...
Love that they are pretty much the same!
He was so excited to plant these...
 Such treasures to me...I love anything they put thought into and make for me. And I just know that Gunnar really thought about these things as he was making them for me.
Ashton also made this for me at scouts...painted with his fingerprints :)
So after we had breakfast, we all got ready for church and took some pictures then went.
 After church, Lars had planned for us to meet my Mom and Harry in Layton for lunch, so we met them at Red Lobster and had the best lunch...
 Then they decided to head home rather than go shopping and to a movie with us. Don't blame them!
I did get to shop for about an hour by myself while Lars walked around the mall with the boys. Then we ended up driving into Ogden and going to the Muppet Movie....luckily it was at the cheap theater. It was not our favorite.
Oh well...then we went and got Baskin Robbins and headed home. It was a fun day. I always appreciate that Lars puts thought into planning stuff.



1 comment:

horsehug said...

I also love Mothers Day :) I'm glad we got to come have lunch with you all!! Love seeing the cute things the boys have written and made for you also :)