Saturday, May 3, 2014

Walk~A~Thon!

Last Thursday the boys' school had it's big fundraiser for the year and I helped plan it and pull it off with a couple of other moms. It went so well and all of the kids had so much fun!
Ashton and Gunnar were so excited about it and blew me away with how many laps they ran! I was at the school pretty much all day that day, so it was fun to be able to be there and see them run it.
They had to get pledges a couple weeks before and each earned about $140!
They sure have wonderful grandparents and of course Aunt Kelli donated too.
They both ran 16 laps and each lap was 1/8th of a mile! So they ran 2 miles in 20 minutes!
Being a runner myself now...I just was really impressed with these two.
Those first few miles are still hard for me some days! 
I made some posters the night before and loved it when Gunnar saw them the next morning and said "Wow Mom...did you make these?? You are so good! You even drew these shoes...how did you do that??" haha...he makes me feel so good about myself some days for silly little things. I love it!

Gunnar also had soccer practice that afternoon and wow was he tired that night...He slept in till 9:15 the next morning and said his legs were sore! 

1 comment:

horsehug said...

I loved your poster too :) And I am impressed at all the running!! :)