Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas 2014

 It started at 5:15 am this year...yawn.
Oh my goodness we were so tired when the boys came running in telling us to get up, It's Christmas!! We tried to get them to go back to bed, but just too much excitement.
5:15 is SOOOO early. I was so out of it, I didn't even get them to pose for a picture at the top of the stairs like usual :( oh well.
Anyway 5:15 is especially early when no one was joining us this year.
It was just the four of us all day because of a huge storm that was forecast to come in on Christmas Day. And it did end up snowing ALL day long, so we were glad that Grandma and Grandpa Harry and uncle Jordan decided to not brave the roads...even though we really missed them. It was just different and quiet this year. And oh, I felt horrible with my cold. :(
But it was still such a fun, special day. Ashton and Gunnar were so excited for their gifts and were totally entertained playing all day long.
Even while I napped for awhile on the couch at about 8:30 am.
After they opened a few things, we had our traditional cinnamon rolls ...
...and Lars heard me tell Ashton I was going to make a smoothie too, so he had him go get one of my presents from under the tree to open...
 My new Ninja blender...and I do have to say it is awesome!
They both got Kindle Fires from Santa as well as hover balls and snowball makers, Etch a sketch's and some books.
We got them a couple of games, long underwear for skiing, Webkinz, these fun Kendama toys, new pillows for their beds, big soft Aggie Blankets (from Lars) that he was so proud of picking out for them, and the boys really do love...
 Oh and this cute new ski coat for Ashton that he really needed!
 I love that he still gets excited about Webkinz :)
 And who can remember what else?
Oh these cute hats from Grandma and Grandpa in Texas as well as Amazon gift cards...
 and this cute card...haha :)
Money, lunch boxes and pajamas from Nana and Papa... 
                                                            Lars also got me a new iPod since my old one that I loved finally died. And I got him seat covers for his truck (that are being sent back), and hunting gloves and a calendar I had made.
After everything was opened, we just hung out for awhile then we went ahead with making part of our big dinner we had planned that included a huge 22 lb. turkey that Lars' work gave him,  green bean casserole, rolls, stuffing and pumpkin pie.
Ashton helped carve the turkey:)
While we were making stuff the boys went out to play in all of the fun new snow. I even got my stuff on and went out with them for awhile. It was so pretty!
 It was a really good day :)
And Gunnar fell asleep on the couch again... 
Cutie :)

No comments: