Thursday, January 29, 2015

Double Digits...Ashton's 10th Birthday!

Even though I couldn't believe that Ashton was turning 10 years old, I will forever remember that day...January 6, 2015 as one of the best days ever!
It is hard to have a birthday right after Christmas, in the winter and on a school day. But we made the best of it. I wanted to do breakfast in bed for him, but he got up too early...so I just made crepes for everyone. Always a favorite. Then he opened the few gifts we'd gotten for him.
I love how excited he was about this round sled and under armour shirt I picked out for him :)
Oh and these fingerless glove/mittens :)
And he was so excited about this jetboil cooker thing Lars got for him. He's had so much fun making hot chocolate, ramen & oatmeal in it :)
 I told him I'd bring him lunch at school and he requested a cheeseburger of course, so I got him one at Rumbi and dropped it off to him.
It was such a beautiful day that day!
So after I got him off to school I had the idea to surprise him and tell him I'd check him out early after lunch and recess and he and I would go sledding. Poor Lars was home really sick that day, so he was able to go pick Gunnar up from school.
Ashton was SO excited when I told him my plan.
You only turn 10 once and these days are going by so fast. I didn't mind him missing a couple hours of school at all.
We had so, so much fun that day!
I loved having him all to myself. We talked and laughed the whole way up the canyon to the sledding hills at the sinks. Oh and before we headed up we stopped off at the gas station on the way and he chose salt and vinegar chips and some little candy things. We never do that, so it was a big treat to him. 
We were pretty much the only ones there besides a couple people snowmobiling the whole time we were there. It was about 42 degrees, sunny and beautiful! 
It is a huge sledding hill and that little sled went FAST! 
Cute kid...how can you already be 10 Ashton? 
I just felt so happy all day :) 
Did I mention it was beautiful up there?
The exact moment he turned 10...4:17 pm! 
 We stayed a couple hours then right as the sun was going behind the mountain we went down one last time and hiked back up to the top and it got cold!
So we left.
I asked him where he wanted to go to dinner and he actually said he just wanted me to make chicken pot pie. That made my day!
Then he wanted to go get Molten Chocolate Cake at Chili's... 
 I hope he also has great memories of that day!
10 years flew by....Love this boy.
 

 

1 comment:

horsehug said...

What a Wonderful birthday you had for him! :) He will never forget it :)