Sunday, October 24, 2010

Feeling grateful again...

Ashton is doing great in school. He really loves it, and I love that I get to volunteer in his class once a week. I go for an hour on Wednesdays and it is one of the highlights of my week. I'm able to do this because my sister is staying with us and can stay home with Gunnar while he naps. I'm so grateful and often think of things I wouldn't be able to be doing if she weren't here. I even got to go on his first field trip with him last week. His first ever ride on a school bus. It was so fun...we went to the Stokes Nature Center a little ways up Logan Canyon. We'd been before with some friends, so it was fun to get to go again. It was a perfect fall day and the kids all loved it.Kindergarteners are so cute!
I love getting to know all of Ashton's little classmates, and I love to see how he acts at school. I have to admit that I've been a little bit surprised at how quiet he is and how he sits and does all of his work so nicely with so much concentration. He's always been really smart (I'm not surprised he's doing well) but come on we all know...he is not a quiet kid!
And his handwriting is SO nice! I like to say he gets it from me...I always loved reading and writing. Thank goodness for Lars when we get into math and science. Not my favorites!
Most days lately I put Ashton's bike in the back of the car, then let him ride it home as I drive along with him.
He's so cute to watch. We will miss these nice fall days as winter looms ahead.

Anyway thank you Kelli for making it so I can have the opportunity to spend time with Ashton at school, and way to go Ashton on your first couple months ...you're doing great!

No comments: