Tuesday, October 12, 2010

There's just something about...

Going home.
Since Lars was going to be gone hunting all week and Ashton didn't have school on Monday and Tuesday, I decided it was a perfect weekend to take a trip to Wyoming to visit Grandma and Grandpa Harry. We had such a fun time...the weather was actually nice & the boys were entertained the entire time.
They love it there!
They played in the sandbox...On the swingset... Had hours of fun playing with lots of the toys my Mom saved from when my brothers and sister and I were little...(Ashton LOVES to play Memory!)
...they helped Grandma in the barn, even FINALLY rode a little horse! Okay I had to bribe Ashton with a $2.00 bill, but once he got on, he loved it like I knew he would. Gunnar sat on the back with him for a few minutes, then he was done. Sunday we all drove up to Harry's land and had a barbeque. It was just like camping (without sleeping over!) to the boys. They had so much fun, and it brought back great memories for me of when he and my Mom used to take us up there. It looked a little different because recently they had to cut down over 1300 pine trees on his land, due to beetles! So there were stacks and stacks of logs all over...wouldn't they build a beautiful cabin?? We tested out this pile to make sure they weren't going to roll, then Ashton and Gunnar had fun playing on them forever.Thanks for a fun weekend Grandma and Grandpa Harry!

1 comment:

horsehug said...

Hey you got some great pictures of the adorable boys! :) We sure had fun with you all here too!
I'm glad we went up to Harry's camp also. I can't BELIEVE what nice weather we had for that, and a few of the other days!! I'm so glad the boys got to play outside for once here at the "arctic". :)