Friday, October 8, 2010

He got one!

Congratulations hunnie on your big buck!

If you know Lars, you know that his favorite things in the world (besides the boys and me of course:) are hunting and fishing. He looks forward to hunting in the fall all year long.

A lot of times if he's just sitting there thinking, I can look at him and ask him what he's thinking about and know that he's going to say hunting...or fishing depending on the season!
Anyway he was so excited this year to go on his big Wyoming deer hunt that he drew out on. He even took a week off of work this year. He left last Friday and ended up shooting his deer on Monday, then coming back Tuesday after the other 2 guys he was with shot theirs.
So he got back a couple hours after we got back from being in Wyoming all weekend...I'm working on that long post.
It was a nice surprise to have him home early!
He said he shot him 3 1/2 miles away from where the truck was, so imagine packing this guy (not just his head!) on your back for 3 1/2 miles!!
Way to go hun!
We are so happy for you that you had a great hunt!
Hope you enjoy the meat while I have a salad or something :)

1 comment:

Melissa B. said...

My husband is not a hunter, but I know the passion behind men that are... my cousin had tears in his eyes after he got his huge buck this year. So to Lars Congrats!