Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Goodbye little tent trailer...

The time has come for us to get rid of our little tent trailer that was given to us by my Mom and Stepdad 4 or 5 years ago. We have been thinking a lot about getting a bigger trailer and have looked at quite a few over the past couple of weeks, so we knew the first step in that process would be to sell the old one. I waited for a nice day to have Lars pop it up so that I could take some pictures of it to post on ksl to try to sell it. The whole time Lars kept saying that it probably wouldn't sell and if or when it did we may only get 3 or 400 dollars for it. I just thought, that's fine, I'm going to post it anyway and see what happens. So I got my pictures, came inside posted it and not 5 minutes later someone called, then at the same time someone else called on Lars' cell phone, then after he got off the first call, someone else called. He couldn't believe it! Within half an hour we had someone who wanted it and was willing to pay my $950 asking price! hee hee! The guy was about to jump in his car and drive up from St. George, but I felt bad knowing that Lars would be driving to Price this coming weekend and could at least meet him with it as far as Spanish Fork. So it's sold! Unfortunately right after we'd posted it, someone posted one almost exactly like it for $600, so the guy texted us to see if we'd go any lower, so Lars took it down to $800...but that's okay.

So I was feeling pretty good about it all until Lars started talking about all of our fun times in it. Then I cried. Then I felt bad that it's going to be gone. I mean I'm glad that it is, because we feel like it's time to move onto something else, but he's right, we did have a lot of fun times in it and it has been a good trailer for us. So now my hope is that our buyer (who has a wife and little boy) will enjoy it with his family. Some of our fun memories...Before my parents actually gave it to us, we would drive up and borrow it sometimes and one weekend we picked it up and drove clear up to Diamond Mountain over by Vernal...(about a 5 hour drive for us) because Lars wanted to scout the area before his deer hunt. This was long before kids, just the two of us. And I remember when we finally got to where we were going it was close to midnight, we couldn't find a place to camp so we just parked it kind of out in the open and it was really, REALLY windy, and I was SO tired. We popped it up, got in bed and I guess after a couple minutes Lars was trying to talk to me and even with the wind blowing 50 miles an hour (SO LOUD) I was out. Fast asleep. He still loves to tease me about it. We ended up moving the trailer a couple times trying to find a better place and finally did and I just remember it being one of our most fun camping trips ever.Then of course when Ashton was about 18 months old we took him out for his first camping trip in it...and he LOVED it! I remember he was into everything, but it was so fun introducting him to camping and he had a blast playing in the trailer.Gunnar got to stay in it I think once when he was pretty little...I remember setting up the playpen in it, but can't remember where we went! Then again last summer when Lars stayed up Logan Canyon one night with him and Ashton. He loves it too. I think they will both be sad on Thursday when they see it go away attached to someone else's truck, but they will love it someday when we can get another one and be able to go out a lot more as they get older. Goodbye little pop-up trailer :)

1 comment:

horsehug said...

Wow! Lots of fun posts. :) I liked getting to see your aquarium visit and the build a bear too :)
I hope you are not TOO sad about letting the tent traier go :)
Oh and wiggling Ashton's teeth every hour at night I think is so cute! :)