Saturday, November 21, 2015

Gunnar Lately...

And a post about Gunnar lately.
He is seeming so grown up lately too, so I really treasure my night time routine with him. He still wants me to come lay with him every night after he reads. We talk and laugh and say our prayers and he lets me snuggle him.
"Will you lay with me Mom?" I know I will so miss those words before I know it, so I gladly go in and lay with him.
Speaking of reading...he is an amazing reader just like Ashton always has been. He just finished and loved the first Harry Potter book and is now 3/4 of the way done with the second one. I love to see him loving reading and knowing what it's like to not be able to put a book down!
He has earned so many AR points at school that he got to "Rock the Halls"
(run down the halls of the school with the principal with all of the other kids and parents cheering him and other kids on) last week.
I really love their school :)

And the other big thing in his life right now is that he just got to make his
First Reconciliation last Monday night.

 I have been teaching his class for the last 8 weeks or so and it has been such a great experience for me, and for him I hope! I signed up to do it out of feeling guilty because there were not enough teachers, and I was really nervous and not very excited about doing it at first. But like lots of things in my life, I notice that once I am pushed out of my comfort zone some of the best things happen. I have loved it :)
I will also be teaching his First Communion class this winter starting in February and am hoping and praying it goes as well.

This morning for the first time in a long time we had nothing going on on a Saturday, so we slept in, then Lars and Ashton went to town and Gunnar begged me to come play basketball with him outside. It was chilly at first, but we played for about an hour and a half and had so much fun. Once again feeling so grateful for these days and for my boys that I love so much. When they actually want to hang out with me, everything else can wait :)

No comments: