Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween!

I think everyone knows how much we love Halloween at our house...but I will just say it again. We love Halloween!
Ashton and Gunnar love everything about it and so do I. We were counting down the days till it finally got here.
They both had school that day and got to dress up...except they couldn't wear their masks. So Ashton was kind of sad about that, but still excited to finally get to wear his costume.
They had parties in their classes and I helped out with both of them. I was in charge of the treat for both, so I had them make these...
 They turned out great and the kids loved them! I just sliced up the apples and put peanut butter on them, then brought the marshmallows and some candy corn to let them put the mouths together at school.
I even dressed up this year!
I always want to, but then never come up with anything in time. So this year I asked a friend if I could borrow one of her many costumes and she brought me over a witch hat/dress/wig etc...
I'm not much of a dress girl, and the wig drove me crazy, so I changed it up a bit and came up with this...
This picture makes me laugh...I had Gunnar take it right before we left to take him to school, we were in a hurry. And when I looked back at it, it looks like the pumpkins behind me are looking at me like "What are you wearing?!"
Kind of a funny story actually...I had gotten these leggings the week before just because I thought they were cute and wanted to just have them to wear on a normal day with a sweater and boots. Well when I tried them on for the boys and Kelli, Ashton actually said "Cool Mom, is that your Halloween costume?"...haha.
So that kind of gave me my idea after I got the witch hat a couple days before Halloween.
Anyway I got a lot of compliments and it was really fun to be dressed up. I know the boys loved that I finally did!
A few pictures from their parties...
I told him he could put his mask on while we walked out at the end of the day :)
Then after school, we got homework done, then after a few pictures...
 ...it was time to head over to the Smith's for our annual chili dinner...such a fun tradition!
Then Ashton and Gunnar were ready to head out and start knocking on doors.
They ran from house to house and I followed them while Lars went home and handed out candy. They lasted longer than they ever have and got a ton of candy...
 We came in about 7:30...Gunnar really wanted to go to Mrs. Coburn's house because she had invited all of her students to come trick or treat at her house. She is so cute! So we went up there, then to another friend's house while Ashton went back out with a friend and her mom for awhile longer.
Then we all watched the Charlie Brown Halloween show, then finally went to bed.
 I love how they think it is so funny!
I was exhausted! And ended up with a cold. But as usual it was such a fun night :) Can't wait till next year!

1 comment:

horsehug said...

You are amazing! :) I LOVED your costume and you looked so cute. I also loved all the Halloween pictures with their classes as well as at home :). The only thing missing was them sitting in little chairs in front of your front door waiting for trick or treaters. I guess maybe they have finally graduated from that but it used to be soo cute :)