Sunday, August 17, 2014

My 38th Birthday...

 My birthday fell on a Monday this year, so on Sunday my Mom and Harry came down for a bbq and fondue.
Lars grilled salmon and we had pineapple, salad, macaroni salad and cous cous. It was yummy!
 And of course fundue is always a hit :) Most of us kept our shirts on!
 Then on Monday some of my friends took me to lunch at Elements. We had so much fun and laughed the whole time. I'm so grateful for the friendships I have :)...about 4 others left before we took this picture!
Tallie even baked me a yummy chocolate/almond cake!
 Another sweet friend that I ran Ragnar with gave me this...Love it!
After lunch, I went home and the boys and I just hung out in the afternoon. Then Lars came home and gave me my gift from all of them.
I opened it up and could see it was a scrapbook, but didn't realize what it was exactly till I opened it up.
 First there was a letter from him... 
 Then a letter from Ashton...(it was after reading his that I started to cry)
"You are a very kind, loving Mom and I love you very much...In fact I love you to the moon and back!!" :) so sweet...
Then a cute one from Gunnar, and I kept crying...
I loved that they thought of what to write on their own and it just meant so much to me...
"Thanks for laying with me" because Gunnar still wants me to lay with him every night and I still love to. I love that that's what he chose to write about :)
 Then as I read on, I realized that there were letters and cards from so many of my friends and family members. Jordan even sent one to Lars on time! I just kept crying as I read so many sweet words from so many people that care about me and took the time to write down things about me, or memories we shared. They all mean so much to me...And I can't believe Lars was able to pull it off without me finding out.
Such a perfect, thoughtful gift that I will treasure forever :)
After I read through all of them, it took me about 40 minutes...we decided to go eat at the Crepery. One of my other favorite places :)
It was a perfect birthday :)
Oh and I did this again and was able to send in $455! that made it even better!
38 feels pretty good!


1 comment:

horsehug said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday :) You deserved it. :)