Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Break 2014

The boys had their spring break from March 31 to April 4th this year. So the break started with Gunnar's birthday on that Friday.
We knew that since we'd done our big Mexico trip, we wouldn't be able to do another big trip for spring break. So after asking the boys what they wanted to do, which was of course see Hunter, we asked Nana and Papa if the boys could ride back to Price with them on Sunday and spend a few days, then we would go get them later in the week.
They were so excited to go on Sunday, especially since Hunter rode with them. And luckily they left early enough that day to miss the big snow storm that came in later in the day.
I missed them as soon as they left, but it is always nice to have a little break and get some stuff done at home.
Lars and I actually went skiing on that Sunday afternoon and it was terrible. It was a very wet blizzard all day, so the snow was sticky and slushy and I did two runs and then went to the lodge.
Anyway the rest of the week until Thursday morning, Lars worked and I got caught up on my scrapbooking again, took a friend to lunch, went for a couple good runs and enjoyed sleeping in. Oh and he and I did some clothes shopping for him, since we never get a chance to do that and he is SO hard to shop for! (I'd much rather have been shopping for myself however :)
The boys had a lot of fun doing tons of crafts and melty beads for hours. Hunter of course wasn't on his spring break yet, so Nana and Papa had to entertain them a bit more than usual! And Ashton called us saying he was "so bored" a few times. But for the most part they had a great time as usual.
We left for Price on Thursday morning and stopped off in Layton to shop a little more for Lars (which by the way I am never allowed to do when we are headed there!), then got to Price that afternoon and stayed till Saturday morning. We all went to the wave pool on Thursday afternoon...the boys love it. I of course didn't swim, but it was fun to watch them :)
They wanted to go again the next day, so Lars took them again while Nana and I made apple pies. Then we all had a big dinner that night.
I didn't take too many pictures, but here are a few from the weekend...
 I am so grateful they got to go spend some time there and had a great time. It was not nice weather here the whole week, so if they'd been home they would have been bored and fighting!


1 comment:

horsehug said...

I think it is sooo neat that they have their cousin Hunter who they love so much :) I had to laugh about all your clothes shopping for Lars! haha Good for you :)