Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter 2014

We had such a great Easter weekend. Saturday we woke up at about 8:00 and hurried to get ready to go over to our neighbors 8:30 egg hunt...
The boys had fun running around and getting as many as they could. It's about impossible to catch a good picture...
 Then they went home and I took off for my 8 mile run. Luckily it was a nice day!
Then we all went to Gunnar's soccer game at noon, then came home and colored our eggs.
They had been so excited for this and Gunnar had been begging every day for the last week or so to "paint our eggs."
 They made some really pretty ones this year!
Then one of Gunnar's little friends from soccer had invited him over for another egg hunt, so he and I went to that...
Then we just hung out the rest of the day.
Sunday they woke up to find their Easter buckets and lots of eggs hidden around the house...
They are so funny, they still get so excited about new Webkinz!
After they found all of the eggs, it was time to start getting ready for church. Which let's be honest...never happens very happily!
 Especially when they have to wear shirts and ties.
But they looked so cute!
I tried before we left to get some pictures of them, but that was a complete failure. So I made them stay dressed after church until I got a few good ones.
 Anyway mass was really nice. They had an Easter egg hunt afterwards, but the boys just wanted to head home.
Not long after we got home, Grandma and Grandpa Harry showed up and stayed the rest of the day till about 8:30 last night. It was such a fun day having them here. I loved listening to Gunnar talk Grandma's ear off while she sat out on the tramp with him. Ashton was out front helping Lars and Grandpa Harry fix a sprinkler pipe for a long time.
Anyway then we made our yummy dinner...
I decided to write up our menu :)
It all turned out really good. Then we all hung out for awhile longer and I cut Grandma's hair, then we had our yummy dessert...
And after a few more pictures, it was time for them to head home.
I saw one of my neighbors outside later and she said..."It must be Easter! You're wearing a dress!" haha...so true...I don't remember the last time I wore a dress!


2 comments:

horsehug said...

It was a fun day. I'm so glad we got to come down :)

Ashley said...

Looked like a fun weekend. I bet those are your mom's awesome brownies! I had forgotten about those, I am going to have to make some since they are so yummy!