Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My baby is 6...

I'm not sure how this happened, but Gunnar just turned 6 years old! I do know that it happened way too fast for me. Like usual he couldn't wait for his birthday to come and was so excited to be 6! And as usual I kept telling him I was going to keep him 5 forever.
Well he won.
One last picture with my 5 year old...
 I got up and got on the treadmill and the whole time prayed that the boys would sleep in at least till I got upstairs and had time to make Gunnar's breakfast to take to him in bed. He had specifically requested this...
"A toaster waffle cut up and put in the shape of a 6 with strawberries in the middle." Easy enough :)  And luckily they were both still asleep when I came upstairs after my run and and I got to sneak in with Gunnar's breakfast tray and wake him up...
He was so excited. For weeks all he could talk about all day were details about his birthday. A few days before his special day, he came into my room first thing in the morning and got into bed with me and jabbered non-stop about his birthday. I finally needed to get up to go to the bathroom, then he did and when he came back into my room and I was up getting dressed he said "Wait Mom, let's get back in your bed and keep talking about my birthday!"
He is so cute :)
So after his breakfast in bed, he came out and opened one gift.
 The one he's had at the top of his list and talked and talked about. Disney Infinity for the Wii.
He was excited to see that we got it for him!
And so was Ashton of course :)
Then we had to get Ashton off to school and Gunnar had fun figuring out his new game while I got ready for the day and finished up decorating his cake.
I had baked these cupcakes the day before to take to his class on his birthday...
Then it was time for him to go to school, so I took him then came back home and finished up a couple other things, then Grandma and Aunt Kelli and Tianna showed up and not long after Nana, Papa, Shelley and Hunter arrived.
So they got to hang out at the house while Lars and I went in to Gunnar's class to celebrate with him.
He had filled out a little "All about Me" packet that he was supposed to read to the class, but he got super shy when we got there, so Lars and I took turns reading parts of it for him and showing the pictures on it to his class.
 He loved having us there and he and his class loved the cupcakes!
When we finished up school was over, so we all went home and the boys played with Hunter while we got stuff ready to take to the park.
As usual on March 28th (with the exception of last year when I actually planned an indoor party) it was Windy and Cold! But we toughed it out just like we did here for his 2nd birthday...
 and here for his 4th...
Couldn't break the every other year tradition of standing out in the cold!
But the one good thing always is that the kids never care! They run around the whole time (half of them not in jackets) and never complain. And it's all about the kids anyway :)
So after we got there and everyone showed up (he had invited 7 of his friends)...they ran around and Hunter had them all playing capture the flag, then we did presents...
 Along with his Infinity game, we got him some little portable soccer goals and the Frozen movie...
 After presents we did cake and ice-cream minus the blowing out candles :(
But our Gunnar always the good sport didn't care...
 He requested a Skylanders theme this year, so this is what I came up with...
Then they went and played awhile more before all the kids got picked up.
A few more pictures...
 They all got a Skylanders mask :)
And treat bags...
 Cute Amalia came and was the only little girl...I don't think she knew what to do with all those crazy boys running around!
 Kelli and her boyfriend's daughter Tianna...
This picture makes me laugh...somehow my Mom's hair is not being affected by the wind!
 Cute cousins...
Me and my cute birthday boy...
  Another successful party :)
That night we all went out to Kabuki (Gunnar's choice)...it was fun!
 Such a great birthday for this little boy that we adore :) 


1 comment:

horsehug said...

What a WONDERFUL special birthday you had for Gunnar! :) I'm glad I got to be there for the party :) But I agree he and Ashton are growing up WAY too fast! :(