Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Father's Day...Late!

I'm getting a little behind on my blogging this week...it's been busy! So I just wanted to quick say Happy Father's Day to my Dad, my Step-Dad and Lars' Dad. Hope you all had a great day on Sunday!
Also to Lars...Happy Father's Day Hunnie!
Thanks for all you do for us and for being such a great Dad to our boys...We love you :)
Rather than a gift (especially clothing) Lars specified that he'd like to go fishing, so I asked my Mom to come down for the day and watch the boys so that we could both go. Originally she was going to come on Saturday, but after seeing that there was an 80% chance of rain, we all decided Sunday would be better. We took the pontoon boats to Daniels reservoir in Idaho. I'd actually never been there before but Lars has been many times. We fished from about 11:00 till 4:30. Well I guess I shouldn't really say WE, since I spent half of the time napping and reading in the truck. I fished for about an hour when we got there, but I was soooo tired (from my girls' night out the night before) that all I could think about was going and laying down and sleeping. So Lars towed me back to the shore ( I still haven't quite figured out how to row my own self!) and I took a little nap while the fishing got really good and he claims he caught 4 fish while I was gone (of course). So then I managed to get myself back out to where he was fishing (by kicking my little flipper feet) and caught my one fish for the day... ...and he caught a couple more as we were getting rained and hailed on, then we finally decided to call it a day. I'm glad we got to get out and that he caught some fish!Thanks again Mom for coming to watch the boys. They had fun with you like they always do!

3 comments:

horsehug said...

I'm glad you had a fun day! Ashton and Gunnar were really good :-)

Grandma

Angie said...

So much fun to get out just the two of you!! And yippee for you getting back out to your hubby all by yourself ;o)

Cassidy said...

you are a very good wife. Me... would be sleeping in the truck. very cute at least you guys were alone. that is always fun. ps i am coming up on sunday, and staying for a week and a half. yea!!!