Saturday, April 28, 2012

Journaling...

Now that I've gotten all of my picture posts caught up, it's time for another journaling post...
I think of things every day that I want to write down before I forget them. Lots of things the boys say...one Ashton just said a few minutes ago. In a conversation with Gunnar I hear him say "I wish you were a robot so I could turn you off." Little stinker.
 I'm glad most of the time lately instead of fighting, it's moments like this...
(of course matching jammies)
Ashton loves to play his DS and Gunnar is happy to sit beside him and watch.
These days Ashton wakes up at about 7:30 each morning and quietly goes out into the living room and enjoys his alone time with his DS. I never thought I'd see the day that Gunnar slept in later than him, but he's back to sleeping in till 8:00 or 8:30.
I finally make myself get up at 8:00 and get the boys breakfast and get Ashton ready and off to school. He is doing great in school...hard to believe he'll be done with first grade in a month! Or that Gunnar will be done with his first year of preschool in less than a month...
We leave for Disneyland in 11 days! We are all excited for a fun vacation.
Back to funny stuff they've been saying...
The other day I was talking to them about how it makes God happy when we're nice to eachother and Gunnar said "And Santa too hu?" haha :)
Oh and I love how Gunnar says Worchestershire...It's "Worsheshershosher" love it!
One day I see Ashton and Gunnar running home from a neighbor kid's house into the backyard, then a few minutes later a few of the neighbor kids knock on my door and tell me that Ashton told them to shut up. So I asked them why and they started saying something about Gunnar trying to say something and then Ashton telling them to shut up. So I went out and asked Ashton what was going on and he said that they were making fun of how Gunnar talks, so he told them to shut up and he and Gunnar ran home...:) Not that I was happy he told them to shut up, but it did make me smile that he put a stop to it and stuck up for his brother! Love moments like that :)
The other day I was driving around with Gunnar running errands and he's in the back chatting away as usual and he says "I wonder what I'll look like when I'm a teenager?" It made me laugh, then it made me sad...I'm not ready to think about those days yet! I love spending my days with him...he is so fun to be with. (squished in my cart grocery shopping :)
The last time I was cleaning out Ashton's room...(which has to be done about once every couple of months because he is such a collector!) I looked at all of the little things that are important to him, funny little prizes he gets from school, and just all sorts of other little things that he piles up everywhere. I tried to look at his things like he does and remember that he 7 and for whatever funny reason, he treasures all of this "junk". (If you look at the picture at the top of this post...hanging on his bed next to his rosary is a necklace that he made out of an Angry Birds tag that came on some pajama pants! haha :)
So I didn't get rid of anything that wasn't really garbage. Sitting there going through his stuff made me feel close to him while he was off at school all day. I love you so much Ashton...you are such a great kid. My favorite part of the day with you is when we lay in bed at night and I tickle you and you laugh so hard you have tears in your eyes. You love to be tickled. And you always make sure we say our prayers. Never forget how much I love you and always know how blessed I feel to be your Mom.
You too Gunnar :)
I guess that's about it for now...feels good to be caught up!

1 comment:

Susan O. said...

Wow! You added all kinds of new posts! I love reading all of them and seeing all the wonderful pictures. Gunnar and Ashton really are going to have the most documented memories of growing up of any little boys EVER! I hope you have a fantastic vacation in Disneyland coming up soon also :)

Mom