Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Vacation Bible School...2014

As I looked back, I realized I've been helping with VBS for 7 years now. I started when Ashton was 2...Crazy.
Anyway it's always one of the best weeks of our summer and we loved it this year. The theme was Weird Animals and focused on how Jesus loves us all even though we're different etc...
As I have the past few years I was in charge of taking pictures and doing the VBS spotlight slideshow.
Gunnar got to be in one of the bigger kid groups this year for the first time instead of the preschool. He loved it and especially loved the songs and games.
Ashton would say he didn't like it, but I caught him having fun too :)
Some favorite pics from the week...
 The decorations turned out amazing!
The only two redheads in the place :) I arranged it so that Amalia could be in Gunnar's group and he still stuck close by her...love it!
All of the fantastic station leaders that make it a success...
 Ashton's group...his crew leader George was awesome, so positive and fun! 
 Totally having fun...don't tell anyone :)
 Crafts...
 Cuties...
 In bible adventures...the kids got to wash each other's feet. I was pleasantly surprised that Ashton volunteered for this :)
 A slideshow picture...
 This year we raised money for fresh water in other countries...
 The day Gunnar's group was in charge of snacks...they got to decorate tons of cookies. So cute!
 Snack on one of the other days...
 I was sad I had to miss Friday because of my Epic race, but they went and had fun. Kelli came down to watch them and dropped them off.

No comments: