Thursday, September 11, 2014

First day of School!

 A couple weeks before school started, to be honest all I could think was..."When is school ever going to start??" I couldn't wait because Ashton and Gunnar were fighting like crazy and we just needed to get back to that schedule and they needed to be separated!!
But as it got closer, I got really sad. I guess because I knew in a matter of days, my baby would be gone to school ALL day this year. A big first grader. It just came too fast. He's growing up too fast. They both are. If I could have whatever I wanted in this world I would have the ability to rewind time and just stop it completely from moving at times. And of course I would have everyone get along and love each other and have nothing bad happen in the world too. :)
 
But since I can't have either of those things...I just have to accept reality. And the first day came and went. Gunnar off to first grade and Ashton off to 4th!!
Which really blows me away. How is he in 4th grade already?
They were both excited and are both doing really great so far.
Last minute we decided to put Gunnar in the dual immersion French language program, so he has half of his day taught in English by Mrs. Miller and the other half in French by Madame Abuou. So far so good even though I can tell he is more tired! And he did say at one point that "First grade seems like it's 12 hours long!" Hard to imagine these little 6 year olds that first week walking into the French class and ONLY being spoken to in French and being completely confused! But he's already picking it up some and doesn't seem very frustrated.
Ashton has Mrs. McNeil...and she seems great as well.
Proud of them both :) And I miss them during the day.
Oh and for some dumb reason I thought that life would slow down a little when they were in school, but if anything it has only gotten more busy! I guess a lot of that is PTA and just everyday life being a Mom...oh and doing a few more photo shoots these days too. Oh and soccer has started again and Ashton decided he wanted to play again after a year and a half off, so we'll be running to lots of games and practices too...
I guess being busy is good, mostly :)

No comments: