Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bear Lake weekend...

Well it's been almost a month ago now that we did our yearly weekend over at Bear Lake. We stayed at Ideal Beach like usual in the same room we always stay in. When we got there, the boys of course wanted to go swimming first thing so Lars took them and I watched :)
 Sometimes I wonder if they're really my kids... 
 Anyway, then after they were done, we went and checked out some tennis rackets and played for quite awhile. Ashton loved it! Well they both did, but Ashton really got into it and didn't want to leave...
 But it was getting late, so we got changed and went and got some dinner at Merlin's. It was super busy, so we ended up not eating till about 9:00.
Then we went back to the room and they watched part of a movie I think? I don't know... It's been too long ago now!
Then next morning we got up and they all had some breakfast in the room while I tried to go for a run. I made it about a mile and a half before my knee started killing me, so I walked the mile and a half back. So frustrated!!
Then I think they went swimming again, then later we got lunch at Firehouse...
 I thought it was actually way better than our Firehouse here...
Then we played mini golf...
Then Grandma came and met us for dinner at Café Sabor and then we all went to Pickleville to see "Who Shot Juanito Bandito?"
Kelli, Boo and the kids even met us there for that. We actually had gotten the tickets a couple months before so the kids (and Grandma) got to be on the front row.
 
The show was hilarious! We laughed the whole time...it was so much fun. Really the highlight of the weekend and one of the highlights of our summer!
Fun to have the boys on the front row..."Bandito" interacted with them and even gave them each a dollar bill that they had him sign for them after the show :)
I love this picture...
Afterwards we went back to the room and went to bed, then got up and got packed up to head home and were checked out by 10:00.
We had debated renting wave runners or something this time, but by the time we got around to thinking about it, there weren't any available. We didn't even go to the beach at all the whole weekend! Well except far enough to play on the park for a little bit.
 Oh how I love this boy...and this picture :)
Anyway no one seems to like  going down to the beach anymore besides me.
So I'm not sure if we'll continue this yearly tradition any more unless we just stay one night and rent something like that to entertain the boys!
Still a fun way to end our summer :)

1 comment:

horsehug said...

It was so fun getting to go see Bandito with you :)