Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our finished backyard project!

Well it took the better part of the summer since we never seemed to find the time to work on it, but our backyard project is done! I think Lars did an awesome job on it! After having it leveled out he got this "Frame-It-All" (retaining wall) stuff off the internet and put it in, then made the sandbox... ...and finally cleared out all of the remaining rocks ...then added the playground woodchips a couple weekends ago.
That day the boys had lots of fun helping Daddy move the woodchips from the driveway to the back, then helping me spread them out... I don't know what we'll put here eventually (Ashton is begging for a trampoline), but in the meantime we moved the swingset down there. It's nice to have a flat spot in our yard finally! And really if we take the swingset down in the winter, the kids can still have their sledding hill when the snow covers it all up.

I have to add this new favorite picture of mine...
Gunnar thinks it's so fun to hang on to these all by himself for about 10 seconds...strong little guy!

5 comments:

Tallie Geddes said...

You good sport - you are still gonna let the neighborhood have their sledding hill! Too nice!!! Your yard does look awesome - good job Lars!

Cassidy said...

very cute. jess. I love the playground. looks great.

horsehug said...

How neat it looks! I need to come down soon to see it before summer is over!! I can imagine how much fun Ashton and Gunnar had helping with that project. They sure look like they had loads of fun helping!

Mandy said...

That looks great! I'm sure the boys love it! Glad it finally got done!

Angie said...

That looks awesome! You guys did a great job on it...and I'm sure the kids will love it!