Monday, August 24, 2009

My fun weekend away...

This past weekend I had plans to meet up with my friend Mandy in Idaho to scrapbook and just hang out. Well at the last minute our plans fell through, so I decided since Lars was already planning to watch the boys all weekend I wouldn't forfeit my opportunity for some time to myself. He booked me a room in Layton so I could go scrapbook for a couple nights and meet up with some friends. So I took off Friday after he got home from work a little early, checked into my room and scrapbooked till almost 2:00 am. I slept in a little on Saturday morning, grabbed some breakfast then scrapbooked some more.

For my birthday this year I got a Cricut cutter......so I finally got it out and figured out how to use it. It is so fun and I used it a ton!
Anyway I finally got ready for the day around 2:00, did a little shopping then met up with my friends Starlee and Randi for dinner at Red Lobster.

Randi is in the process of moving to Layton, so she took Starlee and me to see her new house, then we went and got frozen yogurt and Starlee and I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife. After we got out at midnight we went and crashed in my room. Starlee had to get up early and get back so I slept in a little again, then made myself do 5 more pages before it was time to check out at noon. Then I went home...I missed my boys, but it was so nice to get a little weekend break and come back to their smiling faces happy to see me! They had lots of fun with Daddy...thanks hunnie for letting me get away and for staying home with the boys!
I think I got about 25 pages done...here's a little slideshow of them :)


5 comments:

Angie said...

Love the pages!!! And I'm so jealous that you got to have another night (actually weekend, this time) away. You are a lucky, lucky woman!
Hope all is well. We miss you all...

Lindee said...

your such a good little scrapbooker! cute cute pages. glad you had a good time!

Tallie Geddes said...

There is now way that Adam will ever book me a room for a weekend alone - so on your next get away I'm sending some of my stuff with you!!!:) So glad you got away and way to go on all those pages!

Ballard Family said...

Good for you! Super cute pages too, I wish you would come and do all mine :) We should try to meet up for lunch sometime now that the kids are in school.

annilee said...

I love girls trips! Very cute pages! I'm way jealous! It has been so long since I have pulled all my stuff out! And I love your playground in the backyard! How fun is that? I bet your boys love it! It will be the best money ever spent! I always put in a sand pile in every house, because my kids got way more out of that than any toy they ever had!