Thursday, August 20, 2009

My funny Ashton...

It's been awhile since I've posted any funny Ashton comments, but he just said one as I'm sitting here at the computer, so I figured I better post it before I forget what he said.
Lars was asking him what he wants to do for his job when he grows up and he said "I want to do what you do..." to which Lars replied, "Oh so you want to be an engineer hu?" and Ashton says "No!" I want to work at that fly fishing place that you work at. So I butted in and said "Yeah I'm sure it seems like that's what Daddy does for work since he goes fishing so much, but what do you mean?" And he said you know that building where Daddy works??? I laughed when I realized he was talking about Thermo-Fisher (Lars' company's name!) Too funny!
So here are a few others...
A couple months ago I was getting ready to go to a funeral for a friend from church's husband who had passed away after a long battle with cancer. So it was a rare time that I was actually dressed up (just in a skirt and shirt) and Ashton says to me "Hey Mommy why you wearing that curtain???" In all seriousness! Guess I don't dress up much hu? I laughed so hard!
Yesterday he and Gunnar were downstairs "playing" which was actually more like fighting and I was upstairs for a minute when I hear Gunnar start crying pretty hard. I come downstairs and Ashton is inside of his little tent and Gunnar is on the outside and it's obvious to me that he's not letting Gunnar in and he must have pushed him out or something, so I ask him to tell me the truth about what happened and he says...well he has snot dripping into his mouth and he just doesn't like how it tastes so it made him cry really hard. Lovely story Ashton...in the end I got the truth out of him that he'd pushed Gunnar out of the tent.
Lars has recently started running again and went for a quick run after work the other day and told Ashton he was just going to run down to the school and back. After about 10 minutes (when he realizes Daddy isn't back yet) he says to me "I think Daddy must have gotten stuck in the tunnel at the park." Funny to me as I'm picturing that in my head. Ha!
Oh and one more I just thought of that was quite awhile ago. Out of the blue he asked me "Hey Mommy how come we can't see our thinkings?" It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about then he said, "you know like people in books." Like when they have the little bubble above them with words in it! I love how his mind works!

Funny kid!

2 comments:

Ballard Family said...

Oh how funny! I'm so glad people can't see my "thinkings" and BTW I guess I copied your background, not really but we have the same one. how funny:)

Lindee said...

I love hearing the things he comes up with. Such a funny kid!