Sunday, September 20, 2009

8 years for Lars at Thermo Fisher!

On Sept. 17th, Lars had his 8 year anniversary of the day he started work at Thermo-Fisher (formally called Hyclone). Way to go Hunnie! We are so proud of you for going to work every day and working hard for us...I know it's not always easy.
To celebrate I made this cake for Lars. I was so excited that it was 8 years so that I could use my ball cake pan to make the cake (for a minute I couldn't for sure remember if it was 7 or 8, but I was glad that I figured out it was 8 because 7 would not have worked!) . Anyway let's just say it was the thought that counts...
Here is how it turned out... Pretty cute right??

Till you turn the pan this way...

We had Nate & Brianne and kids over to have dinner and cake and everyone pointed out what it really looks like...

Oh well...either way it tasted good and got the point across :)
Yes I'm weird with remembering random dates...I get it from my Mom!

Congratulations on 8 years hun!!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, I love the last picture! Good times. I hope the cake was yummy.

Ballard Family said...

that is so funny about the cake! I'm just reading through some of your posts that I missed and I never knew that about your sister, I'm so sorry. It's just what I needed to read today to keep things in perspective and to not take for granted these moments with my little "crazy" kids.

Cassidy said...

have to tell you. I looked at the pics before i read the rest and i thought "oh eight years of marriage that is cool!" then i was like "oh she made him a boob cake... ummm that is cool,blake would like that.it must be an inside joke" lol that is so funny. cute of you to remember that. so funny.

Angie said...

Thank you for sharing all this! I love the cake, all the photos of your adorable boys! I never knew about your sister Debbi and now I do. Thank you for sharing that Jessica! Congrats to Jeremy for his job-anniversary! Your a very good natural-born-photographer too, by the way!

Tallie Geddes said...

Oh Jess! How funny! Only you!!!