Sunday, June 12, 2011

Last day of Kindergarten...

Ashton had his last day of kindergarten on June 2nd. It was "Super Kids Day" or what we all used to refer to as "Field day". He was so excited to go and had a really fun day. Wow, what a change from a very nervous little boy on that first day in August...He looks so much younger to me here!I of course was sad that it was the last day. Like I said before I will so miss this little class and his wonderful teacher... ...but I guess all good things have to come to an end. And we are excited for summer! I had to laugh when I was talking to my sister about field day...we both remember hating it! Kelli especially! Anyway speaking of Kelli, she is an awesome aunt. When she asked me if they had a graduation for kindergarten and I said no, she said "Well, I think we need to have a party for Ashton then." So we did and she planned it all and pretty much did all the work. Pretty much all I did was set up tables in the backyard and text all of the other Moms of kindergarteners in our neighborhood to let them know to come over with their kids after school. It was a surprise party for Ashton, so it was kind of fun. Kelli made these cute cupcakes (I think 48 of them!)... ...and brought them down from Evanston that morning and when all the kids came over we just let them play then eat their cupcakes. It was a fun ending to such a fun year! I'm glad I have 2 1/2 months before Ashton is gone to school ALL day next year!

No comments: