Sunday, April 28, 2013

Our last day in Glenwood Springs...

Friday was our last day in Glenwood and I think we were all kind of sad to leave. We got up and went downstairs for our last breakfast, then it was time to get packed up and ready to check out. I had taken about half an hour the night before to organize all of our suitcases and set out clothes for the boys for Friday morning and I was glad I did. The boys just played in the room while I got ready for the day and Lars finished packing up.
Then we said goodbye to Hotel Glenwood Springs and got in our rental car and drove over to a little shopping center where there was a Game Stop, so we let the boys spend some of their money...they each got a new Kirby game for their DS's, then we drove down to the train station.
The boys and I hung out there while Lars drove the rental car back to the office to check it back in, then he walked back to the train station and we stashed our bags behind the desk there, then walked across the street to this place for lunch.
It was SO good!  The best food we ate the whole trip...we wished we'd come another time while we were there and can't wait to go back someday. Ashton was cute saying it was the best pizza he'd ever eaten.
I got a smoked chicken quesadilla and we got some really good nachos to share. Lars had some awesome asparagus soup and I can't remember what else.
So good!
Then we made our way back over to the station to wait. We only had to wait about 45 minutes before the train arrived.
Then we got on and enjoyed the train ride home. I really just can't say enough how much I loved it. The boys were entertained the entire time with their new games, so I sat and read my book, looked out the window and listened to music for hours. It was so peaceful.

 And didn't at all seem like 5 1/2 hours. I wasn't ready to get off when it was time...
But all good things have to come to an end.
We got into Helper at about 7:30 I think and Papa was there with Lars' truck to pick us up.
Then we stayed one more night at their house and got up on Saturday morning and had a big breakfast to celebrate Hunter and Gunnar's birthdays...
 ...then we drove home.
Such a fun, fun, memorable spring break!

No comments: