Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Gunnar's "real" first day of Kindergarten...

Gunnar's first day of Kindergarten was easy...for both of us, one hour long...I got to stay. His second day was easy also...well for him anyway. I think he was a little nervous at first knowing I wasn't going to be able to stay on Friday, but once he got there and I stayed for a few minutes, he settled right in on the big colorful rug and was fine. I watched him for a minute, then waved at him as he glanced over at me and smiled...then I walked out and put my sunglasses on and let the tears flow.
I was so, so sad.
 I got to my car as quick as I could so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone, then I got in and drove home and had a good cry. I stared at all of these pictures on my fridge. I love all of these pictures...
...it is probably the most cluttered part of my house, but I love it. It is full of pictures of my boys at different ages. I say it all the time, but it just blows me away how quickly the days turn into years. It seemed so far away...I always remember thinking that I still had so much time till he really was a big boy and off to Kindergarten, and now it's already here.
Luckily, I had plans to meet a friend for lunch at the Crepery (where I had recently won a free crepe on Facebook!)...it's one of my favorite places, so I wiped my tears and left the house and held it together during lunch and the rest of the day until it was time to go pick him up and like I said in my other post, Gunnar decided he wanted to walk home with the big boys...
Then I cried again as I followed them home.
If only I could slow down time...
 
However...even though I miss him like crazy, I think I'm going to enjoy have 3 hours to myself every afternoon :) It's been a long time since I've had that much freedom!

1 comment:

Susan O. said...


I know it is hard for you. :( But I am glad Gunnar is liking school. :)
Time sure does pass way too fast though. :(