Friday, December 20, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013...

Wow...I've gotten so far behind again. I can't stay caught up this time of year. I am so tired tonight, but finally have a few minutes to do a couple posts. And I took a little nap while we were watching Polar Express tonight...so here goes.
We went to Wyoming for Thanksgiving and had a really fun visit and a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. It had been quite awhile since we'd had my Mom's full Thanksgiving dinner and it so good!
 My contribution was the rolls...wish I could say they were homemade, thanks Rhodes! 
We got up there on Wednesday afternoon and stayed till Saturday morning. Unfortunately on Wednesday and part of Thursday Ashton wasn't feeling very well...he had a headache and a fever :( So he laid around on the couch most of the first night.
 He is such a totally different kid when he is sick! And I've said it before, but it's kind of nice when he has those mellow moments even though I hate to see him not feeling well. Anyway he perked up on Thursday and was mostly fine the rest of the weekend. Unfortunately Kelli seemed to get what he had on Thursday and had to miss the big meal!
But she felt okay to do a little bb gun shooting that morning...
...and luckily was feeling better by Friday and she and I got up early...6 am!, and went for a 6 mile run in 9 degree weather with the wind chill. Dark and cold, but we did it and felt great afterwards :)
(more on my running in my next post!)
Also that day my Mom got out her cute tiny Christmas tree and had the boys decorate it for her...it was so fun to watch them getting out all of the ornaments from when I was a kid. Such great memories :)
  Then we played a couple games...Grandma even got in on Twister!
I love this picture with Gunnar's little head poking out :)
Oh and that's the neighbor girl playing with them...
A couple times over the weekend, Lars and the boys went out hunting for rabbits and coyotes.
And on Friday night we went to dinner and then to the movies to see Frozen...it was SO cute! We all loved it and can't wait to see it again.
Then Saturday we pretty much got up and got ready to head home.
I always love going home and feel so grateful for where I come from :)
Whenever I go home I am reminded to live simply and just be happy with what I have. Thanks for always modeling that example to me Mom :) 
 


No comments: