Friday, May 15, 2015

St. Baldrick's fundraiser...

A few weeks ago, my good friend Starlee called me and asked me if I would be willing to come shave heads at a fundraiser at the middle school where her sister teaches. They were having a big St. Baldrick's foundation Cancer research fundraiser and a lady who was going to be one of the head shavers dropped out last minute. I was so excited and glad that I was available!
So I went that Friday morning and participated in it and shaved 4 heads...2 teenage boys, a teacher and a teenage girl. It was so much fun, they did it in a big assembly with all of the students and teachers with loud music. It was such a fun event and so neat to see all of these kids raising money for a great cause!They raised over $6000!
Fun pictures from that day...
 Article in the paper a couple days later!


No comments: