Thursday, February 11, 2010

My heart is breaking...

For my sister Kelli.
Whose fiance Jimmy passed away last weekend.

This is the hardest post I've done yet on my blog.
I don't even know what to write. Usually words just come so easily to me and at times I can go on and on and on.

Tonight all I can do is cry.


For Kelli, for Jimmy, for Jimmy's Mom, and the rest of his family who are suffering such a huge loss.

Kelli spent the last 3 1/2 years with Jimmy and he was her best friend and the love of her life.The few times I did get to be around him, I really liked him.

He was awesome with my boys... I regret that I didn't get to know him better while I had the chance and am sad that he never became my brother-in-law. When I was around the two of them, I could see how very much they loved eachother. The years they spent together were an adventure. Jimmy was a traveling nurse like Kelli...that's how they met. So each new job/town they went to was a new place to explore and they spent all of their free time outdoors doing all of the things they loved to do together...hiking, mountain biking, backpacking, camping, fishing, skiing, riding Jimmy's motorcycle...you name it.

They really LIVED.They saw so many great places together.

Kelli, nothing I can ever say will make the pain you are feeling right now go away. I would take it from you and make it my own in a heartbeat if I could. I am praying for you constantly and can only hope that you can somehow find peace. Never doubt how much Jimmy loved you and how much of a positive difference you made in his life in the time you had together.

"Keep the faith" as Grandpa always said to us and know that God is always at your side going through this horrible time with you.

I love you...

Jimmy...
You will be missed by so many people whose lives you've touched.
To all of you who read my blog...
Please pray with me.

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love you Kelli. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Angie said...

Your words were beautiful Jessica. My heart goes out to your sister, your family, Jimmy's family and all those that are grieving in the loss. Our prayers are with you!

Ashley said...

Thanks for writing this Jessica. Kelli, we are thinking about you and Jimmy's family constantly.

Mandy said...

I loved seeing the pictures and I'm glad they had such fun times together. Praying constantly for all of you!

horsehug said...

Jessica, Kelli will treasure your words.
Kelli, you know you and Jimmy will always be in my prayers. I love you.

fourballerinas said...

Such thoughful words Jessica. You're a wonderful sister to give Kelli so much encouragement and love in her time of grief. Only time can heal her heart. Know that the Lord is aware of her and will comfort her and his family. I know that our time on earth is only a blink in the eternities and we can be with our families and loved ones forever.
Audrey

Cascio Photography said...

I can't imagine how she must be feeling. I will keep your sister and his family in my prayers. I think she is lucky to have such an amazing sister to help her get through this!

Lindee said...

very sweet and thoughtful post jess. kelli, jimmy and you are in my prayers.

Dad said...

thanks jessica

Andra said...

Jessica, that is such a hard post. I am so sad for your sister, I will pray for them!! You are such a good person!

annilee said...

Hugs to you and your family Jess! My heart is breaking for you! Prayers from our family to yours...

Jody said...

Oh Jess, So sorry to hear such sad news.. Kelli is one amazing girl. I wish she didn't have to go through this. What a beautiful post, and amazing pictures full of love. You will all be in our prayers. May you all be comforted daily, especially Kelli.

Tallie Geddes said...

Beautiful words! We will be praying for you all!

Erica Roper said...

When I read this post I couldn't stop crying either. I hope you are doing ok. You are an amazing friend and obviously an amazing sister as well.

Bren said...

Jess- thanks so much for all the wonderful words. I never met Jimmy but in talking with Kelli and seeing the pictures I know they loved each other very much. Kelli means the world to me and I am glad that she has you and the rest of the family close to her during this time. My prayers are with her every day. I miss her and love her very much.
Brenda