Saturday, December 25, 2010

2010 Larsen/Hansen ice fishing trip...

Last Saturday we went on our 2nd annual Larsen/Hansen December ice fishing trip. As I looked back at pictures I noticed it was the exact same day (Dec. 18) that we went last year!
Anyway we had an awesome day again. The weather wasn't great, but once we got there and got our tents set up, holes drilled, & heaters going...we were fine. After catching one fish right as I walked into our tent, it got pretty slow, so Lars and Nate went out a little further and dug some more holes and immediately started catching more fish. So we all went out. It was cold and windy, but the boys didn't care. They played and played in the snow. At one point Lars had taken Gunnar back to the tent to warm up so I stayed out by the holes and got a bite on the pole in one, so I hooked it and reeled it up, then looked over and the other pole was getting a bite, so I hurried and grabbed it and reeled it up! I don't think Lars believed me after he yelled out "Did you get one?" and I replied "No I got two!!" This was the bigger of the two...A few minutes later Ashton caught this one...
Then Lars reeled this one in for Gunnar...Anyway it was a good time!
Mark your calendars for Dec. 18th next year guys!

No comments: