Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010...

It was our year to go to Price, so we left last Wednesday and stayed until Saturday afternoon. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and visit with Nana & Papa. It was quiet this year without Mat, Shelley, Ali and Hunter. We missed them, but I do have to say that it's nice when we go to any of the grandparents houses and the boys just have eachother, so they play so well together.
I love it...They are best buddies!Besides a great Thanksgiving dinner (especially the pie)......we had lots of time to relax (I read a whole book that I would highly recommend by the way...The Glass Castle), we went and saw Tangled (my new favorite movie!), Lars and I did a little Christmas shopping alone, and we went to the Helper City light ceremony... ...where they turn all the Christmas lights on for the season and Santa pays a visit. We stuck around to see him and the boys got a chance to sit on his lap. I was so glad to see that it was the REAL Santa (hee hee)!
But really...check him out!We haven't taken them at all the past couple of years because the mall or Walmart Santas have been so creepy looking! In fact Gunnar hadn't ever met him. Anyway glad to check that off our list. Oh and I had to laugh at Ashton who while waiting in the long line said "So can we just pick up our presents from him now since he's right here??" haha!
Thanks again for a fun weekend Nana & Papa!

2 comments:

horsehug said...

I just love that picture of Ashton and Gunnar together in the chair :)

Jody said...

Glad the real Santa was there! I want to pick up all my kids presents now too! You guys look adorable! I am with you on Tangled!! Way cute movie!