Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We bought a boat!

I guess it's been about 4 weeks ago now on a Friday, Lars called me from work that morning and said he was going to take the rest of the day off and we were going to Idaho Falls to buy a drift boat. So I said okay and got the boys ready and we took off after lunch. Lars is rarely spontaneous like that and it sounded better than staying home all afternoon, so I was happy to go. Plus one of my very best friends Mandy lives there and I knew we'd be able to go see her too. So when we got in town we went straight to the Hyde Drift Boats store. They actually make all the boats there too. We walked around for a bit, then Lars decided which one he wanted...one that had actually been traded in just the day before and is in great shape. So we did all the paperwork, picked out some free t-shirts and hats and became the proud owners of the "Luck O' the Irish"! Afterwards we drove over to Mandy's and had dinner with her and her little boy Dylan...it was a short visit, but fun to see her and of course Lars and the boys had never been to her house. Anyway it was a fun day and I was excited for Lars...for as long as I can remember he's talked about wanting a drift boat and he works so hard every day I was happy to see that dream of his come true. He deserves it! Oh and in case you don't know what a drift boat is for, it's for floating down rivers and fly fishing from it. But we will also use ours on lakes or reservoirs to take the boys out fishing until they get much bigger. We took it out that next Saturday to Treasureton in Idaho with our friends the Hansons and their boat. It was a fun day too...I think Ashton and Gunnar loved it. Well until Gunnar rolled off the dock at the end of the day when we were getting ready to load up. Thank goodness for life jackets! Oh here was the only fish any of us caught all day...and I thought it was appropriate that it was me since I'm the Irish one :)

No comments: