Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ashton & Gunnar's first Lemonade Stand...

I have been looking forward to letting the boys do this for a long time...I think lemonade stands just say "SUMMER!" And I knew they would be excited about doing it. So a couple weeks ago I got all the stuff to do it and we made our sign, then they opened up for business. That first afternoon I think they made $10! That's a lot of cups of lemonade! They had so much fun with it. So of course they wanted to set it up the next day too. So I got it all out again and set it up. Not 5 minutes after they went outside and sat on their chairs, I hear some fighting, then they both came running and crying and I went outside to find the brand new pitcher of fresh lemonade shattered on the ground! In the midst of their little fight, they had knocked it off the table and broke it! So in the house they went to their separate rooms while I cleaned it up. Then I got them out and explained to them that they would have to spend some of their earnings from the day before to purchase a new pitcher and more lemonade if they wanted to start again. They of course did and luckily Aunt Kelli was in town and willing to run to Walmart for us and get us new supplies that they paid her for when she arrived. Then we were back in business again and had another fun day selling and made another $14 I think!
Time well spent :)

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

I'm so glad they fight!!! Today i found swords at the di for a 1 brand new! So we got home turned on the sprinklers and they decided they were going to be pirates and fight in the water. seriously five minutes later i hear bawling. Brody was trying to "slice" the water and sliced bently right in the eye, so bently retaliates and sliced him in the side. So i am glad your boys fight too!!!