Monday, February 27, 2012

Tents!

The weekend before last, Lars went out of town on a fishing trip for a few days. He left on Thursday afternoon and came back late Saturday night.
This has nothing to do with this post really, but Thursday right before he left I had gone to pick the boys up from school. As soon as I saw Gunnar, I could tell he didn't feel good and he told me he didn't when he got in the car. I kept looking at him in the rear view mirror feeling bad because he looked like he felt miserable. So then we went to pick up Ashton and he still wants us to come into the school or at least to the door he comes out of when we pick him up. So I carried Gunnar in and got Ashton and we got back in the car and pulled out of the parking lot when Gunnar said "I feel like I'm going to throw up." So I hurried and tried to pull over, but it was already too late. He threw up all over himself and his carseat about 3 times by the time we pulled into the driveway. Ugghhh....I really hate cleaning up throw up and I felt so bad for him. It was EVERYWHERE! So I hurried and got him out and stripped him down in the driveway, then took him in and got him in the tub and took all of his clothes into the laundry room. Then I went back outside and rolled all the windows in my car down to let it air out, then went inside and forgot about it. Well Lars came home a few minutes later and got the carseat out of the car and somewhat cleaned it out before he left on his trip.
Luckily after about half an hour Gunnar was totally fine...he never threw up again. So who knows what that was about, but I was glad it didn't turn into a stomach flu for all of us all weekend while Lars was gone.
Anyway we went along with the rest of our day which brings me back to the reason for this post. Earlier in the day I had set up this little tent of Ashton's for Gunnar to play in. Well when Ashton got home he wanted to play in it and make it into a little home for himself with a bed, chair and all sorts of other things. So then we set up another old tent of Ashton's for Gunnar to make a little home in and they played and played and played in those tents the whole weekend!
Ashton slept in his the first night and then they both slept in them the 2 or 3 nights after that. They thought it was the most fun thing ever!
 And they got along so well all weekend.
Oh back to Thursday...after the boys had gone to bed, I finally got around to shutting the garage and everything for the night at about 10:00. So I looked out the garage door and realized Lars hadn't pulled my car in for me before he left, so I went out to do that and noticed that all of my windows were still down too! And my keys were still in my car, so of course when I went to start it, it was dead. Grrrr....
Luckily we have the best neighbors, so I called Kent and he came right over and jumped it for me and drove it around for a few minutes to make sure it was okay. And it was, the next morning it started right up, I'm sure it was just a dead battery since I'd left the keys in it in the accessory position or whatever it's called.
Anyway those little tents have been so fun for the boys in this long boring winter!

No comments: