Sunday, November 4, 2012

Box Tops...

 After this week, I'd rather not see any boxtops for awhile :)
A friend of mine is the PTA president this year and at the end of last year I told her to let me know if she needed help with anything this year, so she ended up asking me to be in charge of Box Tops (the little coupon looking things that you can clip off of all sorts of things that you buy at the grocery store, and send in to get cash for your school). So I said yes that I'd be happy to do that. It seemed like a good easy job for me...haha! So a couple weeks ago I had a contest for all of the classes. The class that collected the most box tops during the two week contest would get to have an ice cream party. I had already counted a big batch of boxtops that I'd picked up at the school a few weeks before that, and then after the contest ended I picked up another BIG box of all the boxtops that the classes had collected.
Anyway.......let's just say I spent a LOT of hours, sorting, clipping and counting box tops! Lars helped me a couple different nights for a couple hours, then I spent a lot more hours on my own and in the end counted
10,024 box tops! And then I understood why the secretary at the school had looked at me like she felt sorry for me when I told her I was there to pick up the box tops! haha :) It was a big job, but I was so proud of all of the kids for collecting that many so far!
That turns into $1024 for our school!
I was so glad to have my little helper for a little while that long day...
That was just our first batch...I'll do another contest in the spring and be counting a bunch more to send in! I don't really mind...it was time consuming, but I love to help out.

No comments: