Thursday, November 15, 2012

Just a quick post...

I'm getting so behind...life is so busy these days.
I need to get to bed...well after I either fold the 3 loads of laundry that are on my bed, or possibly just move them onto the floor until tomorrow.
But before I go to bed I will post about just a couple of things and try to catch up this weekend.
Gunnar is pretty proud of himself for learning how to do this last weekend...
I love it when they practice and practice at something, then it finally clicks!
He had so much fun blowing bubbles last Sunday :)
And I have to say how proud I am of Ashton. He will be doing his first Reconciliation in less than a month, and in preparation  he has been going to class every Monday night since the beginning of September and is expected to learn numerous prayers. So I got him a binder and typed up all of these prayers for him to put in it and he immediately got to work memorizing. I think just having the binder makes it more fun for him :)...
Anyway I went up to his room and handed him one prayer, went back downstairs to print a couple more and by the time I got back (about 3 minutes later)...he recited it to me perfectly!
It is amazing to me how quickly and easily he picks things up. When I saw the list, to be honest, it was a little daunting and I thought...wow, can he really memorize all of these in time?? But now I am confident that he can and he will.
Good job Ashton!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I am very impressed that Gunnar learned how to blow bubbles! I am sure I was way older than him when I learned. Way to go Gunnar!

And I love Ashton's binder. What a fun idea

Susan O. said...

Gunnar is so cute blowing bubbles :)
And I am so proud of Ashton learning his prayers :)