Friday, March 29, 2013

Gunnar's Party!

Gunnar's party started at 5:00 on Wednesday night, and wouldn't you know that the one year we have his party indoors...it was a beautiful day!
Every other year it's been windy and cold.
Oh well, this year he wanted to have his party at the fun park. But we started at our house with pizza. He invited his 2 little friends Owen and Amalia...so it was just Ashton and him and those 2 to start out.
Aunt Kelli had come down on Monday to stay, and Grandma came down for the day on Wednesday. It was so nice to have both of them there! I could not have finished Gunnar's cake without their help, and I was glad that the boys sat and talked to Grandma for a long time while she sat out on the trampoline with them. I know they loved having her there listening to them :)
I had baked the cakes the night before, and had planned to get going on decorating after I got Ashton to school, but Gunnar begged me to watch Rise of the Guardians with him, and I just couldn't resist...it was such a good show, and I would have much rather been snuggling with him on the couch anyway.
So after the movie, I hurried and got showered and Kelli fed him lunch, then took him to school and I finally got started decorating his cake at about 1:00, and finally finished it at 4:00!
It turned into a big project...
But I love how it turned out and so did Gunnar :)
He had requested a Super Mario Bros. cake...


 My helpers :) 
 


 I think it might be my favorite that I've made yet. I was getting pretty frustrated during the process and really thought that it wouldn't turn out at all, but once it was all put together it finally looked good.
Anyway...after I got it done, we got ready for the party and ate pizza when Gunnar's friends showed up.
Then they jumped on the tramp for a few minutes, and then we left for the FunPark. 
Gunnar wanted to do soft play, play token games and play lazer tag. But we only ended up having time to do the soft play for a a little while, then play some games and choose prizes. We all had lots of fun though...
Then it was back to our house to open presents and have cake and ice cream.
Presents first...
He got lots of fun new stuff...including 4 new Webkinz! 
Moving on to cake... 
Getting shy as we were singing to him...trying not to smile :)

Blowing out his candles...so fun since the wind did it for him on a couple of his birthdays!
With his Godparents...Tony and Angie :)
The cake was yummy!
After we ate that, the kids went out on the tramp and played a little longer before it was time for everyone to go home...I think it was a great
5th Birthday party :)

1 comment:

Susan O. said...


Yes it was a Fantastic cake and a fun party for such an adorable boy!:)