Monday, March 11, 2013

Kindergarten Registration...

How can it already be time for this day?
Even though Gunnar won't actually start kindergarten for another 5 months or so, I am already sad. :(
I take him to get registered tomorrow and just can't believe he is almost 5 and will be starting so soon. I got everything ready this morning to take with us tomorrow...birth certificate, immunization card etc...
I have loved having him home with me all of these years and am so grateful every day that I've had the opportunity to just stay home with him and do what I love most in the world...be his and Ashton's Mom.
He loves to play at home and loves for me to get down and play with him. I always have a hundred chores to do, but I try to remind myself that soon these days will be gone and even when he is at home, I won't be his first choice to play with.
He loves blocks and cars and lately really loves Legos again. I love to just sit and talk to him while we play, he is so funny.
He still gets up pretty early these days and always wants breakfast first thing, usually cereal. But then not long after he's done, he tells me he's hungry again!
So one day when he said "I'm hungry Mom." (right after he'd eaten) I said..."Gunnar you are always hungry!" He thought about it for a second then said "Was I born at lunchtime?" haha :) As a matter of fact he was born around lunchtime...12:52 pm...makes sense. He has always been hungry!
My baby sure is growing up.
He's counting down the days till he turns 5.
And I keep telling him he needs to stay 4...

1 comment:

Susan O. said...

Yes all babies grow up way too fast :(
I love seeing those cute things he makes........ from the blocks that were yours and Nathan's and Kelli's and Jordan's if I am seeing thngs right!(or at least Some of them. :) Tell him I loved seeing the things he built on your blog :)