Monday, December 15, 2014

Catching up...

Let's see if I can get this post done before it's time to go pick up the boys from school...
I finally got the pictures off of my phone again and am realizing like I said before that I really need to use my nice camera more!
Oh well...it is so convenient to just pull my phone out to snap pictures.
So here's what we've been up to lately.
The biggest news is that Gunnar joined the rest of us and got glasses!
Luckily he was so, so excited to get them. He had failed the eye test at school, so I got him into the eye dr. the next week and sure enough he'd reached the point (like we knew he would) where it was time to get him some glasses.
We didn't order them that day because Lars wanted us to look around and compare prices and he was so sad to have to wait.
But we ended up getting them the next week back at the eye dr.'s office and this pair just fits him perfectly and he loves them!
And I just think he is adorable in them :)
 I got some new ones too, but they drive me crazy...I need to take them back in and see if they got the prescription wrong! Not that I hardly ever wear glasses anyway, I just had an insurance credit I needed to use before the end of the year...
It was Thanksgiving weekend right after he got his glasses. We went to Price for the long weekend.
Driving down... 
 It is always relaxing to go there, I can read while the boys play with Hunter!
I am loving this series...The Selection
Cute redheads in glasses...
 Thursday morning we got up and went and did the Turkey Trot.
An 8 mile run/walk. I actually did 6 of it...ran 3 and walked 3 back and my knee didn't hurt too bad!
Cute Gunnar on the way... 
 So pretty and quiet out there...I ran/walked it alone
because everyone else walked it.
 3 mile point...
 My thought when I saw this sign was "Yep...that's accurate...SLOW!"
 I met back up with them at the bottom...
These guys thought they were pretty funny posing by the 7 sign (it was on the back of the 1 mile sign that they had really passed!)
 After we got done with that we went right home and started getting our dinner ready...
I made rolls and deviled eggs...
 The prayer the boys wrote and read before we ate :)
Working on puzzles afterwards...
 The project I worked on the rest of the weekend...sets of homemade cards for my neighbor gifts. 250 cards! Then I still didn't end up having enough so I made 50 more when I got home.
 Gunnar still sporting his cute hat/glasses look :)
 I love how little he looked in Papa's big chair :)
 Everyone had a fun weekend besides me getting sick on Friday suddenly. I think it must have been food poisoning...it was terrible! But I was glad I was the only one who got it.
We got up on Sunday morning and went to church then to lunch at Subway then packed up and drove home. 
 Pictures on the porch before we left...
Blurry! Yep I need to use my nice camera!
 
 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Love Gunnar's new glasses and the picture of both of you in glasses!