Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ragnar 2015!

Ragnar this time around kind of haunted me all year leading up to it. Not so much because I knew what to expect, but more because it took forever for my knee to heal after doing Epic last summer. And I think I was just so scared of re-injuring it that my training just didn't get started nearly as soon as the year before and just didn't go as well. I really contemplated many times dropping out, but in the end I just took it really slow building up running miles and my knee was fine all throughout my training from about March on. My motivation on the other hand was not. I just was not very motivated and running just seemed SO hard the whole time. Anyway a couple weeks before Ragnar my knee was still fine, but my shins started bugging me after running in some different shoes that I had won in a contest. So I went into the dr just to see if he thought I would hurt them worse doing the race and he gave me the go-ahead to do it, so I did.
I was really excited to be with these friends that I love and my first 6.5 mile run went really great. I was runner 1 this year and it was a fun run. Later that afternoon however before my second run, I felt that familiar twinge in my knee and it started acting up again. I was so frustrated! So I ended up taping it and did over half of my second run, then got in the van, then got back out for the last mile and walked most of it. I promised myself I would not keep running if I was in pain. But that ended up being even more frustrating! I didn't run any of my third one the next morning and just ended up kind of feeling bad about the whole race even though I knew I did the right thing not hurting my knee worse. We still had a lot of fun, but have all agreed we are done with Ragnar! It has kind of become a circus with SO many people.
Fun pictures from the weekend...

Pictures with Casey from the news channel...
  Could not wait to get home when we were done and was relieved it was over!!

No comments: