Tuesday, August 11, 2015

One month later...

This summer has been so crazy and busy! But so much fun! People keep asking if I'm ready for back to school and usually my answer would be yes, but this year, I'm just not. We have had such a great summer and I have loved having the boys at home. We have had just enough stuff planned, but not too much. They have still had lots of days to just do what they love most...be at home doing whatever they want!
I have so many things to update on, I can't even remember where I left off.
The boys did swimming lessons for 2 weeks in June, they did great as usual even though there were days they didn't want to go.
Gunnar had passed off level 4 last year, so I put him in level 5 but immediately on the first day I realized he needed to re-do level 4. His teacher was having the kids swim across the deep end of the pool unassisted, so I ran over and said, there is no way he can do that and told his teacher to hold onto him and then they moved him back down to where he felt comfortable. He did great until after the first few lessons they made him take off his big goggles that cover his nose, so that he could learn the breathing. They he was really scared and begged me to not make him get in one day, so I didn't but then he just had to get used to the other goggles and finished off the rest of his lessons fine.
He passed off level 4 again.
Ashton was in level 7 and mostly did diving. He did awesome and the teacher used him as the example! 
We of course did our McDonald's days after the first day and last day. They never let me forget that that's the deal :)
So proud of them! Especially since I really hate swimming myself!
Next up Ragnar...it needs it's own post :)

No comments: