Saturday, September 27, 2008

Just Gunnar and Me :)


Gunnar and I are home alone! Lars and Ashton left Thursday afternoon to go to Price for a long weekend. Lars is hunting around there, so he took Ashton with him to hang out with Nana & Papa and his cousins. He was SOOOO excited to go before they left. He couldn't stop smiling. I hear that he is having a lot of fun. It's been fun just being home with Gunnar too. I miss Ashton ( I don't think I've ever been without him for this long) , but it's nice also to just get to spend some time alone with Gunnar. It reminds me of when Ashton was this age-I love it! And it is amazing how much you can get done without a 3 1/2 year old following you around and undoing everything! And with only one child who is still immobile!
As soon as they left I put Gunnar down for a nap and cleaned pretty much the whole house so that I could enjoy the fact that it actually stayed that way for a few days, I'm completely caught up on laundry, I've cleaned out Ashton's closet, cleaned out the storage room under the stairs in the basement, cleaned out the fridge and got groceries, organized the shelves in the laundry room, put out some Halloween decorations and there are no dishes in my sink! Of course I've had to do most of this at the random times when Gunnar has been sleeping, but it's still nice to feel like I've gotten caught up on a few things. I'm excited to see Ashton tomorrow and hear about his adventures in Price!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Can we switch places??? It sounds like you have had a wonderful weekend with Gunnar (and your household chores). And I will go on record saying that I am jealous that you got to catch up on all those things and I didn't! ;o) But like you said, it will be good to see them tomorrow too. It's fun to have quiet time, but not for too long!