Monday, November 10, 2008

Ashton & Gunnar stuff...

Here Ashton is doing one of his favorite new things...
He loves to eat sitting right next to Gunnar, so that he can tease him with his food and get him to try to grab his plate and then pull it away from him before he pulls the food off of it. What a little stinker...
He must have actually been tired today because he was playing Super Mario on our old Nintendo (he's actually gotten pretty good at it!) and I told him he could play for a few more minutes, then he was going to come upstairs and have a nap (yes I still try to get him to nap a lot of days knowing that I will be unsuccessful a lot of them...but hey it's worth a try! Especially on rainy days like today when we haven't even left the house!)
So today he actually said to me...yeah I am going to sleep, I'm tired. Comments like those never come out of his mouth! So he's actually been sleeping for almost 2 hours now. If only I could get Gunnar to nap at the same time. Yeah right...I know he's tired, but he won't let himself fall asleep!!! He's currently bawling his cute little head off in his crib...Some days I feel like I spend all my time trying to get one or the other of them to be quiet so that the other one can sleep!!! It's so hard having their rooms right next to eachother.

We had to move Gunnar's mattress down a level the other day so he doesn't somehow pull himself out of it...now that he is so close to crawling and constantly up on his hands and knees or feet. I love this picture of him I took right after he woke up.

The other day driving home from somewhere Ashton started asking me all sorts of questions about God and heaven. ( I think he thinks about it a lot and worries about dying already at
3 1/2!...he went to my Great Aunt's funeral with me a couple months ago and that brought on a bunch of questions...one about being buried. I told him back then that when we die our bodies get buried in the ground and our spirit goes to Heaven)...so this day driving home at one point he asked me if we'll be able to see God when we get to Heaven...so I said yeah we'll be able to see him. Then he sat there for a minute and thought about it and said to me "Even without our eyeballs??"
(of course he was remembering me telling him about our bodies being buried!)
Sometimes it amazes me the stuff that he remembers and how his little mind works!


Here he is getting ready to go to preschool...these are the types of smiles I get out of him these days. Preschool is going great by the way! He never freaks out when we drop him off anymore and he leaves nicely when I go to pick him up. I think he's really liking it...he's always talking about all of his friends there. Even the girls. Interestingly when I asked him what girls he's friends with, the one that he mentioned was Sydnee (yes the one he had the incident with at the beginning!) I'm glad they're friends now :)

3 comments:

Jody said...

Jess,

Your amazing!!! Great post!! I am so glad that our kids know about Heaven and that there is a God. Ashton is a smart kid... How can we see without eyeballs!! Your blog is so fun... You do such a great job.. Tomorrow is the day>>. Yeah.. Have a great week... Catch you on Monday...

Amy said...

Your boys are so cute, I think one looks like you and one like your husband:) What a cute little family you have. I wish our preschool went so well, we fight getting there basically everyday! Hopefully that will get better. Thanks again for the invite!

Lindee said...

ashton is so smart! what funny kids.

that last picture of ashton looks so much like lars. especially his expression.

so now that we are back to being reclusives for the winter, we need to have a playdate or something.