Sunday, November 16, 2008

Crashing & Crawling...

"Crashing"

It was another really nice day here today...pretty warm for November, so we decided to go for a walk down at the Logan river trail and let Ashton ride his bike. He was riding along pretty fast and I was walking not too far behind him and Lars was pushing Gunnar in the stroller a little ways behind us. Next thing I know I see Ashton kind of staring off to the right and his bike is veering off to the left, so I'm yelling for him to pay attention, but not soon enough before he goes right off the left hand side down a little hill into a bunch of tree branches and leaves!
(here's what he landed on)
I ran as fast as I could to get to him and he was face down in the sticks with his bike on top of him bawling! I hurried and pulled his bike off of him and got him up off the ground.
The only thing I could see was this little cut on his chin...Thank goodness he was wearing his helmet! And I'm thankful that one of the many sharp tree branches he landed on didn't go into an eye or something! I think it scared him more than anything. Plus had he gone off the other side of the trail it would have been straight into the river! Poor little guy. As I was asking him about it later tonight while he was in the tub he said "yeah it was kind of fun when my bike rode off the edge."
And I said yeah...until you crashed hu?
So we finally got him calmed down and talked him into getting back on his bike and riding the rest of the trail...then we stopped off the side and let him play in all these trees on the way back. I got Gunnar out too and let him play in the leaves.
He just looked too cute, so I had to take some pictures of him playing. As we were stopped, an older couple walking by asked us if we wanted them to take a picture of all of us, so they took a few...this one was the best...


"Crawling!"
Well it happened...Gunnar took his first little crawls today! He's about 7 1/2 months old. My favorite stage of just sitting didn't last very long :(...since he really has only been sitting up good for a couple weeks. Oh well-it's so cute to see him trying to crawl. He's been getting up on his hands and knees for a long time now. Here he is trying to get to my phone...

4 comments:

Lindee said...

thank goodness it wasn't worse! i have a few bike stories i'll have to share with you sometime. gunnar just seems to small to be crawling! and way cute park pics, addy loves the swing too, i have soooo many pics of her on the swing because thats when she gives the biggest smiles.

Angie said...

Oh my... I'm impressed that you actaully got Ashton back on his bike! I'm not sure Ethan would have crawled back on that quickly. He probably would have walked his bike back to the car ;o)

And little Gunnar... crawling. So fun. "Hang on sally" - now the real parenting starts when Gunnar wants to be in everything that Ashton has! Have fun. Ha-ha

Cassidy said...

here comes trouble. I am dreading the bike crashes that i know will come. that is what santa is bringing brody.A B-I-K-E. i think he will be excited but i am very nervous. he doesn't pay attention. anyway. Gunnar is crawling huh? wow. 7 1/2 months old. When did ashton crawl? Brody was 10 months. honestly he was just lazy. just liked to chill. cute pics. cute freaking kids too.

Andra said...

I can't beleive Gunnar is crawling. Michael is still just sitting, not real interested in going anywhere. Sad about the crash, but JJ has more scars from falling and crashing than I can count.