Saturday, November 22, 2008

My sweet little Gunnar...

I've been meaning to write about last Tuesday when Ashton was at preschool. Lars dropped him off, so I was at home with Gunnar and I've usually been trying to get him to nap while Ashton is gone and that day he did actually go down for his nap a little after 1:00, so I was able to get a few things done, but then he was awake by about 2:00. I keep expecting him to at some point start napping for longer, so I was getting kind of irritated that he was already awake. I tried to get him to go back to sleep with no luck...he cried for a little bit, then I went in and just picked him up and he gave me a big hug like he always does...he wraps his arms around my neck and squeezes like he's so happy to see me and so glad that I picked him up. I couldn't help but feel a little guilty about how irritated I had been getting that he was interrupting me from getting things done...so I just held him tight and sat down in the rocking chair and rocked him for a long time. He was so content to just stare at me and play with my hair and lay his head on my shoulder and smile at me. He smelled so yummy and I reminded myself again that time is going by so fast and he will only be little once and that I really need to spend more time enjoying him...looking at his beautiful blue eyes and adorable little face and tiny hands and toes, and listening to his sweet little voice that now says mama! Oh I love him so much. That day I just sat and enjoyed him for a long time. He was in such a good mood when he woke up...that's the thing about Gunnar...you would think he would be cranky a lot of the time with as little as he really sleeps, but he is such a happy baby. After I rocked him I took him into my room and took a bunch of pictures of him on my bed. I wanted to remember just how he looked that day and just how I felt holding him and rocking him.


My sweet little boy...

I love this little white tank top on him...(thanks Bettie, see it fits!)

2 comments:

Ballard Family said...

Yeah! I found your blog. Your boys are adorable. I love their names too. Gunner looks about the same age as my babe, when is his B-day? Lincolns is February 12th. Do you guys still live in Logan? I'm so glad you found me now I can keep up on your little fam.

Lindee said...

what a sweet post jess! your such a good momma.